By default, Windows 10 compresses your wallpaper which results in picture quality loss. I will show you how to disable the wallpaper compression so pictures come out crisp and clear.
- Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
- Type regedit, and click OK to open the registry.
- Browse to the following path:
- In an empty white space, right click and create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Name it JPEGImportQuality and select decimal for the value data. Change the value from 0 to 100.
- Click OK
- Close registry
- Restart and then re-apply your wallpaper.
If you want to revert the changes, simply delete the file you just created and restart.